Monday, January 28, 2013

Dating...

So... here goes... my thoughts of Dating:


Dating-  a stage in a person's life when he or she is actively pursuing romantic relationships with different people.

Or at least that's a definition floating around the internet...


My definition- an absolutely insane portion of a female's life where she is probably testing the man/men she is going out on dates with to either a)to see if he is hubby material, or b) to see if he will keep her busy and entertained for the time being...


Okay so now I will tell you my personal story on this topic... please feel free to comment, but remember this is my life- so please be nice :-)


I've only been in a few boyfriend/girlfriend "relationships" in my life. In college, I did a lot of what we called "talking" to guys with no relationships. Now, for those of you who don't know- "talking" and "dating" are NOT the same!! Talking can be a variety of things- spending time together, dating without a dating title, sleeping together, texting/talking everyday or more lol, etc.


I don't really do well with meeting new men. I'm VERY shy... So college was great. We met new people all the time in groups at events. I never really had to meet people on my own. So now, as an adult, meeting new men is a challenge. I also don't like to give out my phone number. This poses another problem... AND believe it or not... I don't like to go out to clubs and bars. Thus another problem. 

Also important to note, I watch a LOT of Criminal Minds, Law and Order: SVU, and NCIS... so going places with men I just met, scares me.


So... dating is very tricky at this point in my life. Also, I'm not sure if anyone else ever has this problem, but have you ever met a wonderful person, and they're either a couple hours away, or even a couple of states away... sigh.

Is anyone willing to comment below and share your dating tips and thoughts?? I'm also still giving out 3 gifts for people who comment (as noted in my post Pay It Forward.)

Love you all :-)


~LaKrystal~
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute :) The fact that you are shy is a plus I think because that means you won't be out actively pursuing a man like a lot of women are out here doing. This provides the perfect opportunity for God to bring you the perfect man that He has been molding for you! And that man will chase after you and not vice-versa!! You are a gift and God's special daughter. He will bring you exactly who He wants you to have. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Dominique! I appreciate your kind words :-) I'm trying to be patient!

      Delete