Sunday, January 20, 2013

Last Week's Cooking: Jan 20, 2013

So, I'm back into the swing of school, which means less time to cook due to lesson planning, data summarizing, and homework for my classes I'm taking. I guess there's one plus to my job... I don't do a lot of homework grading like I did when I was a gen Ed classroom teacher. I had LOTS to grade when I taught 4th grade. Now I have lots to prep and lots of data to take and summarize.

Anyway... I didn't cook much this week but I did prep some freezer to crockpot meals today with my mom. So here's the cooking summary from last week...

Sunday: beef enchiladas, cheesy Mexican rice, and white queso/rotel with Italian sausage and chips
Monday: ham and beans with cornbread *pic below*


Tuesday: leftovers
Wednesday: precooked pulled pork from Sam's Club
Thursday: Panda Express with a gift card
Friday: KFC
Saturday: homemade baked potato soup *pic below*



And today my mom and were on Pinterest doing some meal prep for some chicken crock pot recipes. Below you can see our work (we only prepped for about an hour and got 3 meals each, plus she put another meal directly in the crockpot) and the links to the recipes:

 We made two types of Teriyaki Chicken. One recipe is here: http://www.ringaroundtherosies.net/2012/02/freezer-cooking.html

We also made Honey Sesame Chicken: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-honey-sesame-chicken-recipe.html

We also made a Honey Garlic Chicken. I'm not sure of that exact recipe- we modified it to our taste.

And... My little sister (she's 10) and I made some fudge today! She's our little experimenter! I think she'll definitely be either an amazing cook when she gets older, orrrr a cook that no one wants to try her concoctions lol. *pic below*









What did you guys cook over the past week??


~LaKrystal~




No comments:

Post a Comment