Monday, January 14, 2013

Alpha Kappa Alpha--- January 15

Over 6 Years Ago...

 I was blessed enough to join an amazing sorority: 

Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

I must say... throughout my years in this wonderful Sorority, I have shed tears, felt pain, joy, and felt a bond like no other.

Soror- my sister, my friend... 

Joining my Sweet Kappa Pi was a mixture of emotions... but one stands out the most... TIRED... I don't think I've ever been as tired as I was then... Lol. However, my lovely LS and I were so excited to have a probate (coming out show) since we were the first to have one after our chapter came back from being suspended... And... let me say, our show was low-profile, like 30 minutes long... maybe even 20. The Best Part was... my cousin, a NUPE, drove all the way from KC to see it/me!! Also, I will say that all of the neos from my chapter have had amazing probates since then... what can I say, you live and you learn :-)

Now... what most of you don't know... I did my research. I was ready to join AKA a month after starting college. I was soooooooo excited and ready... or so I thought... lol. It hurt my heart that most people didn't want Freshman to join due to maturity and other issues. However, I was so blessed to join as a Freshman. Not many get to say they got to experience being "Greek" all of their years of college. 

More you don't know... Alpha Kappa Alpha has taught me so much. I know that I love my Sorors, and I definitely appreciate every single one. But, Alpha Kappa Alpha has also taught me to value and cherish Family and God first. I've seen women"leave" their Sororities because they say it took them away from their faith... and I've also seen women, even some in my own chapter, worship the sisterhood more than their faith, more than family. Although the sisterhood is an amazing part of my life, I know that God and Family are first. Always.

To all my Sorors: Happy 105 Years! I love you all so much.

PS... To my prophytes and my LS--- I love you ladies more than you know!!! You are absolutely a crucial part of me growing up to be me... I love you and am so blessed to know you ladies...


Skee- Wee My Sorors!!!
SKEEEEEEEEE-WEEEEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment