Monday, December 31, 2012

My First HomeOwner's Project- Part 1

Office/Craftroom Projects- Part 1

As a teacher, it doesn't get any better than Christmas Break, Spring Break, and Summer Break! Right now, it happens to be Christmas break. This break, I spent a day doing school stuff, spent a few days with family and started my first homeowner's project. 

Here are my thoughts for those of you wanting to get started with updating your new homes:

1. Renovations/Updates/Painting all cost money.
I was very excited to start this first project. Until I bought 2 gallons of paint, paint rollers, paint brushes, paint trays, Frog paint tape (because my dad insisted on this brand even though it was $3 more than the other brands), and drop cloths... costing a total of $80!
 
2. All of the above also take time.
I figured, I have 2 weeks out for Christmas break. I can get this project done in 1 week. The painting portion really did only take 2 days, however, I'm still in the process of re-organizing all of my materials and hanging things up on the walls, etc.

 
3. One project usually leads to another.   
So, I actually didn't begin this project with intentions of painting an entire room. I started with a simple- I'm going to paint my bookshelves, buy a door, and make a Pinterest-inspired Craft Table to put in my office. After starting on the craft table, I then decided to paint a small canvas to hang on the wall in my office/craft room. Then I decided I wanted to paint the walls themselves in this same room!

This post is just the introduction to my first project in my new room. I can't wait to show the finished product. But for now, here are some teaser photos:





In Him,
 ~LaKrystal~

No comments:

Post a Comment