Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Morning Reflection

I'm really proud of myself. For those of you who have read my posts or have read some of my facebook statuses last year, you know that I battle with depression. In January someone told me to get out of the house once a week and go do something. I definitely thought that was a good idea so I made it a goal for myself. I'm proud of myself because since January, I haven't had a major meltdown or extreme low point or anything like that.

I know it's all God because I definitely have had a couple of moments where I wanted to cry and I could feel the depression creeping up, but something always stopped the depression from setting in. I am grateful because even when I did cry in the past couple of months, it was short lived and no depression followed.

I'm truly just living and learning. I want to be a better person each day. I am still making changes and making decisions to better myself and my future. I definitely have lots of things that I need to work on and I'm so grateful for opportunities for growth.

I'm always still struggling with this whole single life thing. I know what I want. I know what I don't want. I know I'm not having sex with anyone. I know the society we live in somehow deems that as crazy or stupid... and the sad part is, I even have close friends telling me I can't get a man since I'm not willing to have sex with him first. It's crazy to me what we, as women, have allowed to be okay. Some of the things these boys/supposed to be men say to me are down right disrespectful. 

Anyway, I'm proud of myself for the growth I see in myself. I'm not bragging, or anything like that. Just writing a post so I can look at it later, and think about all the things that were going on in my life at this time, and to see how I was able to smile and still be happy (for the most part) during this... hopefully this will help me down the road. Everyday is a struggle. Everyday presents new challenges. I'm also quickly learning to be careful what I ask for. Sometimes you get exactly what you want, and you quickly wonder if what you asked for was too zealous. 

If anyone else is going through some things, and sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel- just know I've been there. Literally, I've been there. You can get through it. Take one day at a time. Smile at the little things. Pray for the big things. Have faith that tomorrow is a new day. A new opportunity to smile. A new chance to love yourself. 

I love me. Even when no one else does, I've always known God loves me... but I think I can finally truly say I love myself. I've acknowledged some areas of weakness (lots of them) and I'm working on them to become a better me.

This was just a Sunday morning reflection... I am grateful to be me. Grateful for life. Opportunities. Growth. FAMILY! And absolutely too blessed to let depression come back.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
God is Love! :-)

~LaKrystal~

No comments:

Post a Comment